I’ve always thought that writers should be well-rounded. No, I don’t mean overweight, although I sure a lust for food helps. Either one loves sensual pleasures, or one overeats due to some internal strife, which also lends itself to artful writing. That is probably why so many writers were alcoholics too … but I digress.
I was thinking about the many careers I have had, despite having the security of working at the same firm for decades. So far, few of the corporate jobs have come out in my writing, but perhaps in time. Oddly, my writing has led me to want to retire, as now there are plenty of careers I’d like to tackle before I die.
This is my career repertoire, so to speak.
P.S. No head hunting, please. I ain’t interested. I plan to retire from the company for which I currently work.
Corporate Careers Held
- Seafood Shucker
- Teaching / Substitute Teaching / Tutoring
- Sales / Marketing
- Accounting / Financial Analysis & Planning
- Business & Marketing Planning
- Product Management
- Engineering Cost Analysis
- Statistical Analysis / CMMI Metrics Lead
- Program Management
- Capture Management
- Proposal Writing / Technical Writing / Editing
- Subcontract Program Management
- Business Development – Competitive Intelligence
Self-Employment or Voluntary Positions Held
- Life Coach / Counselor / Mentor
- Poet/ Novelist / Publisher
- Lingerie Model Judge
- Song Writer
- Travel Photographer
- Masseur (female clients only)
- Field Guide
- Movie Critic
- Mack Daddy
- Old-ass Boy Toy