I’ve received some blogging awards, and for those I’m very grateful, despite never having time to do anything about them. Mostly, I don’t like the idea of tagging others and feeling like I’m burdening them. I think you know which blogs I like, since I either tell you, or hit “like” frequently, which I never do just to be polite.
Since I was surprised recently to discover some of the bloggers I like the most live near me, I thought I’d post some info you may or may not know. Pretend you give a crap.
- I was born in Washington D.C., and grew up in southern Virginia, where I hated life until I was old enough to leave. I currently live in the Maryland suburbs, where I love the peace, access, to green spaces, and my 7-mile commute.
- Despite the above, I despise the suburbs, and should have been born in Manhattan. I’m a city kid and I feel much more comfortable when the lights are too bright than when the darkness is too quiet.
- I am a movie fanatic, but mostly of older films, indie films, and romances. I’ll see a blockbuster, but only if I’m with my daughter or someone I’m dating.
- Most of my friends are women, most of them married. I’m not sure why, other than women like me for some reason. In college, girls used to be so comfortable with me they’d undress in front of me. Two friends turned into girlfriends that way.
- I started taking photos when I was 12, and started doing street photography at age 16. I started writing poetry when I was 20 but didn’t get serious until I was 27. When they started publishing it, I stopped writing. I didn’t start writing fiction until 2009, at age 51.
- I have been a life coach and counselor since I was 20 years old. I never do it for money; only for close friends. I’ve talked people out of suicide and helped people with stress disorders, DID, and bipolar disorder. I stopped because it began to dominate my life.
- I’ve worked for the same company since 1985. I have a job that uses none of the skills I use as a writer and photographer, but uses all of my other skills.
- I am single, by choice. I’ve decided that life is too short to spend dealing with crazy ass people. Here in the D.C. area, there are two types of women: crazy women, and married women. I don’t date either type.
- I give foot rubs that will put you to sleep.
- I write most of my stories in my head. Putting them on the computer is mostly logistics.