I appreciate getting nominated for blogging awards; however, juggling a full-time career, 6 novels, a short story collection, photography, and four blogs, I lose track of who sent what. The award above was sent by the very kind EagleAye of Momus News. Since most ask for 7 to infinity facts about me, here are my Random 10 (X to you ancient Romans). Thanks for the nominations and for reading my stuff.
1. I went to 5 schools between grades 1 through 5, in a geographical range spanning 3,000 miles (4,800 km). My mother had been an army brat growing up, so I don’t think she thought it was a big deal. By the time I’d accustomed to moving around, she stopped moving. (Sigh)
2. I didn’t begin talking until I was two, and when I did, it was in complete sentences. I knew how; I just didn’t. I’m told my first words were, “Because I don’t have anything to say.” My mom had asked me why I don’t talk. I still try not to talk unless I have something to say. Writing is the same way; I didn’t try to write a book until November 2009. I wrote 2 in 3 months, and I finished five in 3 years.
3. None of my “real-life” friends has read any of my work. As a result, I no longer consider any of those people my friends. The only friends who read my work are those I’ve met through blogging and other writers. The only family members who have are my parents.
4. In April 2013, I wrote that I was a “re-confirmed bachelor.” In August of that year, I met my future wife, via her blog. You can say, “Never!” but you’ll probably always be wrong.
5. You can find my better half via one of her many blogs. (We both have ADHD and both have at least 4 active blogs at all times.) She’s a poet, songwriter, singer, artist, jeweler, writer, intuitive, and my favorite model. Look in comments under Ishaiya, Bess Jones, or Maria to the core to find her blogs. 🙂
6. My mood is affected by my health, diet, how often I’ve talked to Maria, high-strung people, the amount of sun, snow, traffic, stupid people, children’s laughter, spontaneous giggles, warm, sincere hugs, sex, and the lack of sex. And pizza.
7. I’ve been to North America, Africa, Europe, and Islands in between. It’s time to go everywhere else. Anyone wanna sponsor two traveling photographers? We’ll give you a free photo shoot. 🙂
8. I’m 56 (that’s me below). My hair liked me until last year, but became bored, and found other accommodations. I’m still considering growing out a giant halfro. I hear the Bozo look is coming back.
9. I wrote a blog post on Bobby McFerrin and his father, Robert McFerrin, Sr., and got a shout-out on his Facebook page and a thank-you tweet from Bobby. How cool is that? It made my 100 Days of Art series worth doing.
10. I’ve written 2 detective novels that I am no longer attempting to get published. In the latest, Jeanne Dark, I created a character over the course of a year. I wrote a detailed profile, but struggled to write the book. Then I met my wife. Turns out she was the character. Once I got to know her, the book came easily. It’s my best work to date. Only my wife will ever read it.